It all begins with the unselfish decision to donate – an eye donor has passed away and wishes to help others through the gift of sight. This donation leads to the miracle of restored vision for the person who receives that gift through corneal transplantation. And right in the middle of this beautiful story is Saving Sight!
Our mission-driven organization helped save the sight of 2,957 people last year. As a Client Services Specialist, you can help us increase our impact by connecting the cornea tissue that has been donated to the surgeons who have patients awaiting transplant both nationally and internationally. If you want to make a difference in the lives of others, like putting together puzzles and solving complex logistical challenges, this is the opportunity for you!!
Reports to: Client Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Salary: $18.50 /hour
Job Status: Full time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
This mission centered position aids in the coordination of providing services and/or distributing products to clients nationwide while conducting follow-up reports and maintaining accurate and complete data on partners and patients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Considered the point person in Client Services, responsible for the day to day operations of Vital Tears
- Set up of new partner accounts in various support systems
- Maintain and record accurate and complete partner accounts, and patient information in all systems
- Facilitate the distribution of autologous serum to patients
- Arrange necessary logistics for shipments
- Follow up with patients, physicians, blood collection facilities to ensure smooth process is implemented and followed
- Collect patient payments and follow up when necessary
- Display a professional demeanor towards all clients and agencies (including but not limited to physicians, schedulers, technicians, phlebotomists, patients, other Vital Tears partners) while maintaining and strengthening relationships with all external and internal partners
- Oversee the patient survey call process
- Work in conjunction with the Business Development team to ensure both prospective and current client relationships are being maintained and developed
- Demonstrate teamwork and collaboration in internal and external communications
- Work closely with other internal departments on tasks, projects, initiatives related to Vital Tears. (Quality Assurance, Finance, Lab, other)
- Generate and distribute weekly report
- Generate and manage various reports including but not limited to non-incident reports, commission report, activity reports
- Document accurate and current accounts, interactions, and events in the customer relations management tool
- Responsible for patient follow up, and coordinate order renewals
- Support in other Client Services duties as needed. This may include distribution of tissue, and any other services offered by Saving Sight including occasional on call availability
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is required.
- Continual training and certification as necessary.
- Possess some knowledge of dry eyes and or ophthalmology a plus
- Experience in a sales role a plus
- Experience in eye banking a plus
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service and/or sales experience is required.
- A basic knowledge of ophthalmology (various specialties, anatomy of the eye).
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around attaining goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules
- Normal office environment combined with normal outdoor exposures
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
No phone inquiries or drop-ins, please.
Saving Sight - Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO 64153