Website wesavesight Saving Sight
We change lives by saving sight.®
Are you interested in learning and performing a surgical procedure that REALLY makes a difference in people’s lives?
Do you want to hold a truly unique position, and be an integral part of the tissue donation process?
We offer on the job PAID training.
you will surgically procure donor eye tissue for one of the largest eye banks in the country. Our mission-driven organization helped save the sight of 2,395 people last year, and as a Recovery Technician, you can help us increase our impact this year. To be successful in this role at Saving Sight, you will need a fantastic attitude, a willingness to learn, and a high school diploma or equivalent. If you join our team with these qualities, we can teach you the technical and clinical aspects of the job. Medical or surgical background is a plus but not required.
*Required to take/work 36 on-call hours each week and be compensated accordingly:
Salary: Part-time ($17.85)
Reports to: Recovery Manager
Location: St. Ann, MO
This mission centered full-time position is responsible for surgical procurement of eye tissue, documentation of procedure information, evaluating, processing, and shipment of tissue.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties may include any or all of the following:
- Recover eye tissue from tissue donors for transplant and research purposes, including drawing blood samples for serological testing
- Perform donor medical history reviews and physical assessments including ocular tissues
- Transport eye tissue to/from Saving Sight Eye Banks laboratories
- Prepare eye tissue and biological specimens for transport
- Perform facility cleaning and equipment maintenance as required
- Run miscellaneous errands, i.e. airport delivery or pick-up
- Prepare ocular tissue for processing in the eye bank laboratory as needed
- Accurately document donor and tissue information on reports and in eye bank database system.
- Inventory and Stock Laboratory/tissue handling area
- High school diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is required.
The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law.
Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
All applicants must live within a 30-minute drive to the branch location. No phone inquiries or drop-ins, please.
Keywords: medical, surgical, nurse, paramedic, pre-med, pre-dental, pre-ophthalmology, veterinary, mortuary science, forensics, biology, human anatomy, phlebotomy, EMT, surgery
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.85 per hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $17.85 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Bonus pay
We have made the decision, along with our hospital partners, to require COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Additionally, we regularly disinfect our offices, complete daily health screenings, mask and use social distancing.
- Are you able to take36 hours of on-call a week?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Medical Assisting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Surgical Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- CNA/LPN/MA: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMT: 1 year (Preferred)
- Mortuary science: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road