Website wesavesight Saving Sight
We change lives by saving sight.®
ARE YOU INTERESTED IN BEING PART OF A BUSINESS THAT’S PROVIDING A LIFE CHANGING PRODUCT?
ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A FAST-PACED ENVIRONMENT IN WHICH YOU CAN REALLY MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF A FLOURISHING TEAM WHERE YOUR WORK HAS A DIRECT IMPACT ON HELPING OTHERS?
If so, please consider joining us in our mission to change lives by saving sight! As a Laboratory Processing Technician, you can help us increase our impact by putting your lab skills and go-getter attitude to use in specialty processing of a niche healthcare product that is in the stage of rapid growth.
Reports to: Vital Tears Laboratory Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Status: Full-time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
This position is responsible for processing Autologous Serum Eye Drops for patients.
Autologous Serum Eye Drops are eye drops manufactured from the patient’s own blood serum. This fluid contains epithelium-promoting growth factors and other essential components present in natural tears.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position’s duties may include any or all of the following:
- Handling blood products
- Processing blood components in a laminar flow hood using aseptic technique
- Package distributed product for shipment
- Perform regular laboratory equipment cleaning and maintenance
- Maintain compliance with Saving Sight Standard Operating Procedures, HIPAA, federal and state regulations
- Maintain complete and accurate document records
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Provide timely and effective verbal and written communication for any issues
- May also encompass duties of Laboratory Technician (if applicable)
- High school diploma and an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities can be acquired
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in medical, or surgical background or equivalent work experience
- Knowledge of aseptic technique
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, Filemaker, general database, and web-based applications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy
- Required to have yearly influenza vaccine
- Must have Hepatitis B vaccine
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
We have made the decision, along with our hospital partners, to require COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Additionally, we regularly disinfect our offices, complete daily health screenings, mask and use social distancing.