Saving Sight’s mission is geared to help save the sight of thousands of individuals a year throughout the world. As a Junior Systems Administrator, you will help preserve and expand the technology systems that allow the organization to continue our mission. Saving Sight is a non-profit, corneal recovery and processing organization that works closely with hospitals throughout Missouri, Kansas, and Illinois to bring sight back to individuals suffering from corneal dystrophy, disease, or injury. Saving Sight is growing and looking for an experienced IT professional who could join the IT team and support Saving Sight’s mission.
Reports to: IT Director
FLSA Status: Salaried
Job Status: Full Time
Compensation: starting at $55,000/year
This position aids in providing support and service to various departments through help desk and new technologies, work closely with the Systems Administrator to monitor and maintain the integrity of our environment, and perform various systems maintenance on existing architecture.
- Maintenance of Microsoft Infrastructure Platform and Related Services
- Provides Windows system administration services, providing technical support and software expertise for Windows servers to ensure that they operate accurately and efficiently in response to user requirements
- Provides resolutions for hardware and software problems
- Follows IT operations processes – change management, patch management, incident and problem management, capacity management
- Be in charge of building / updating / maintaining infrastructure used for different business services
- Implement and maintain internal and web-based IT platforms linked to business services
- Engage with the technology team on service improvements, incident postmortems and new service projects
- Using incident tracking tools and resolving help-desk calls
- Support project managers for implementation of new application solutions, including technical support
- Supporting Remote users and their technical needs
- Upgrading and installing software for end users on both Windows and Mac desktop operating systems
- All Internet access and Network infrastructure will be part of your responsibilities
- Configure and maintain Company phone systems
- Maintain virus/spyware tools
- Mentor Help Desk Analyst and serve as a help desk escalation point and provide backup support as needed.
- Maintain, install, and monitor essential IT systems. This includes operating systems, security tools, applications, laptops, servers, and storage.
- Interact with team members and vendors to assist in troubleshooting, identify root cause, and provide technical support when needed.
- Perform routine and scheduled audits of systems.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of major software and hardware upgrades, ensuring change management procedures and methodologies are implemented and followed.
- Analyzes and resolves issues, gathers information to identify needs, evaluates systems and network requirements
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Diagnoses and resolves complex software, server, and networking issues
- Azure Active Directory Services provisioning and management.
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for system administrative tasks.
- Manage desktop and laptop configurations including changing out equipment and transferring profile information.
- Assist with Active Directory, Windows Servers, Exchange Online, and Microsoft Hyper-V administration.
- Identify and implement solutions to optimize IT operations and workflows.
- Keep up with technologies pertaining to responsibilities and ongoing initiatives
- Research and recommend innovative and automated approaches for end user administrative tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Associates Degree in Related Field or combination of Certifications and equivalent experience
Windows Server Environment: 3 Years (Preferred)
Active Directory: 2 Years (Preferred)
Azure: 1 Year (Preferred)
Working knowledge of Windows Server OS
Willingness to work with multiple technologies and open to learning new technologies
Must be a self-starter with strong work ethic
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills