Are you an HR professional looking to take that step into a generalist role?
Are you passionate about supporting others?
Are you passionate about being part of a team and doing work that makes a difference?
If your superpower is organization and time management with the ability to rock & roll in a fast-paced environment, this is the opportunity for you!!
Our mission-driven organization helped save the sight of 2,754 people last year. As an HR Generalist, you can help us increase our impact by supporting the teams who make our mission possible!
The HR Generalist will assist the Chief People Officer in the daily operations of the HR department by executing HR policies and procedures, recruitment and maintaining interdepartmental communication. The HR Generalist will also assist Learning & Development in planning and implementing various training programs, assist with payroll, employee relations and exit procedures. Additionally, the HR Generalist is also responsible for analyzing and maintaining attrition rate, internal promotions and employee evaluation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads talent acquisition and onboarding process to include job descriptions, job postings, interview process, background checks and onboarding.
- Answers frequently asked questions from applicants and employees relative to standard policies, benefits, hiring processes, etc.; refers more complex questions to appropriate senior-level HR staff or management.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides clerical support to the HR team.
- Conducts or assists with new hire orientation.
- Assists with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
- Assists in ensuring organizational compliance with federal, multi-state, and local employment related laws and regulations.
- Assist in administering employee benefit programs to include annual enrollment and new hire enrollment.
- Facilitate as Wellness Committee Champion
- Maintain Human Resources homepage and staff directory on SharePoint
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4-year accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 2+ years of work experience in Human Resources.
- Preferred certifications: PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
- A passion for building culture and a sense of humor.
- Integrity to always do the right thing with a strong moral compass and the ability to speak up on important matters, no matter how difficult.
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable for HR service delivery.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, high energy level and be results-orientated.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules and regulations affecting human resources administration.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Superb organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to rock and roll in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ADP highly preferred.
- Experience with Office 365 and ability to quickly learn Office 365 applications.
- Know what it means to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials and prolonged use of computer screens.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift and move 25 pounds is required.
- Normal office environment combined with normal outdoor exposures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
Job Type: Full-time; salaried/exempt