It all begins with the unselfish decision to donate – an eye donor has passed away and wishes to help others through the gift of sight. This donation leads to the miracle of restored vision for the person who receives that gift through corneal transplantation. And right in the middle of this beautiful story is Saving Sight! Our mission-driven organization helped save the sight of thousands of people last year.
Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Job Status: Full time
Location: Springfield, MO
This mission centered position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to ensure Saving Sight and its donation partners carry out a lean and efficient donation process, maximizing the opportunity for donation to occur. This position is based in Springfield, MO and manages relationships with assigned donor hospitals and other area partners that we work with to facilitate eye donation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build and maintain strong positive relationships with organizational partners and internal eye bank staff to improve the overall eye donation process. Such partners include: hospital staff, coroners, medical examiners, funeral directors, surgeons, and partner recovery agencies.
- Maintain and update agreements between donor hospitals and Saving Sight in accordance with CMS CFR 482.45.
- Regularly communicate with organizational partners to identify barriers to eye donation and problem solve to overcome these barriers.
- Identifies and works with external contacts who are in a position to influence their organization’s policy to build a culture that is supportive of eye donation.
- Develop, coordinate and present professional educational programs on eye donation to organizational partners.
- Compile and interpret eye donation analysis reports, regularly sharing key findings with appropriate stakeholders.
- Follow organizational policies and procedures and protects donor and recipient information by maintaining confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is required.
- Continual training and certification as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of three years customer relations or account management experience, preferably within the healthcare or donation industry.
- Must have experience in public speaking.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment.
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around attaining goals and objectives.
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communi
- cation skills required.
- Professional interaction with clients and/or outside agencies required.
- Must be able to handle information in a confidential, objective, professional manner.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications. Experience with data analysis and spreadsheet calculations.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by Saving Sight.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Ability to travel throughout service region as required.
- Requires occasional out of town stays.
- Driving for extended periods or long distances may be required.
- Availability to work holidays, nights, and weekends as required and respond to department needs on a 24-hour basis.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials and prolonged use of computer screens.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboarding and operation of required equipment.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required.
- Required to have a yearly flu vaccine
- Required to maintain vaccinated status for COVID-19
- Ability to lift and move more than 20 pounds.
- Normal office environment combined with normal outdoor exposures
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.