Reports to: Chief Communications Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
Job Status: Full time
Location: St Ann, MO
This mission centered position provides support to the organization by producing communications pieces that strategically communicate our brand value and identity to key stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The position’s duties may include any or all of the following:
- Designs compelling promotional, educational, marketing, and other external communications materials for Saving Sight that tell the story of our mission and brand.
- Designs and maintains the organization’s external and internal web sites
- Ensure brand integrity across all print and digital materials.
- Produces digital communications including videos, social media graphics and e-mail blasts.
- Create and maintain design templates for staff use.
- Works with other freelance creative consultants to provide oversight and ensure final product fits within Saving Sight’s standards.
- Interface with vendors, including packaging print projects for electronic delivery
- Provides creative and design support for other departments internally, as needed.
- Works as an integral part of the communications team to brainstorm ideas and content for Saving Sight communications materials and projects
- Maintain robust photo and video libraries.
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is required.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- · A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, communications and/or graphic design
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around attaining goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Excellent understanding of design fundamentals including layout, typography, print and web required.
- Excellent Adobe Creative Suite skills required (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Premiere)
- Strong skills in web design, HTML, CSS and experience with WordPress.
- Strong photography and videography skills preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout service region as required.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials and prolonged use of computer screens.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboarding and operation of required equipment.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift and move more than 25 pounds.
- Normal office environment.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.