It all begins with the unselfish decision to donate – an eye donor has passed away and wishes to help others through the gift of sight. This donation leads to the miracle of restored vision for the person who receives that gift through corneal transplantation. And right in the middle of this beautiful story is Saving Sight!
Our mission-driven organization helped save the sight of 2,395 people last year. If you want to make a difference in the lives of others, like details and technical challenges, this is the opportunity for you!!
Reports to: IT Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Full time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
This mission centered full-time position is responsible for supporting front line IT equipment and end user needs. The Desktop Support Technician is accountable for troubleshooting and communicating solutions to users, introducing & installing new IT equipment, and creating documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide end-user support, resolving technical issues and provides technical assistance for Windows OS and mobile devices (Android & iOS).
- Provide remote support to end-users and internal staff that are not in Kansas City location.
- Setup new hires with equipment and appropriate access to various internal systems, including email accounts.
- Execution of hardware and software provisioning.
- Implements, installs, configures, monitors, troubleshoots existing and new solutions.
- Traveling to remote offices, when required, to perform duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to keep a clean and organized personal workspace as well as department spaces for equipment and supplies storage
- Create and amend support documentation.
- Create reports when requested.
Associates degree in IT related field, IT field related education, or equivalent work-related experience required. Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1 year of experience in IT specific training/education, IT Operations, or IT Security
- Thorough knowledge of helpdesk & ticketing software
- Ability to schedule, manage time, and log detailed tickets
- Knowledge of the OSI model and troubleshooting techniques
- Professional certification preferred, such as Network+, A+, MCSE, ACSP, or other applicable industry certifications
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; able to think independently and solve situational problems
- Employee must be able to work independently and take initiative in accomplishing work.
- Will require professional interaction with outside agencies and internal staff
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively
- Warm, affable, and friendly communication style with a positive work attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a confident and professional demeanor
- Able to thrive as a team player, a natural collaborator
- Agile; ability to shift gears and change direction easily and quickly; handles unexpected issues smoothly
- Eager to learn and humbly accept feedback
- Exhibits characteristics of mission, vision, and values consistently
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to travel throughout service region as required.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of computer screens.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboard work.
- May require long periods of sitting and concentration and require lifting and/or moving of heavy objects.
- Schedule may require working occasional nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Requires out of town stays
- Driving for extended periods or long distances may be required
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required
- Ability to lift and move more than 50 pounds
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.