Do you have a desire to use your data skills to improve the lives of others? We change lives by saving sight for thousands of people each year. Working as a data analyst at Saving Sight will afford you the opportunity to play a meaningful role in helping to maximize the gift of sight through corneal transplantation and research and in helping to improve the lives of patients who depend on serum eye drops to alleviate their debilitating eye conditions. If you have mad data skills and are passionate about helping people in need, we want to meet you!
Reports to: IT Director
FLSA Status: Exempt (Salaried)
Job Status: Full time
MUST BE LOCATED IN THE KANSAS CITY AREA & AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE US
This mission centered full-time position is responsible for supporting long-term organization-wide information needs and strategy. He/she is accountable for all data reporting and analytics functions of the enterprise. This includes design and administration of data sources and repositories as well as design and creation of data reporting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Manage Power BI users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance and technical teams if necessary.
- Commission and decommission data sets.
- Process confidential data and information according to policy and leadership guidelines.
- Work with executives and other business leaders to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Create reports for internal teams and/or external clients.
- Collaborate with team members to collect and analyze data.
- Manage and design the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Support the data repository in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Perform testing and lead implementation of new or upgraded data analytics software and assist with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generate reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshoot the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluate changes and updates to source production systems.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Provide technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in computer science or related field.
- Work-related experience as a data analyst or in a related field is required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by organization.
KNOWLEDGE AND PROBLEM-SOLVING ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 5+ years of experience in IT Operations and/or IT Security
- Professional certification preferred, such as MCSE, CAP, aCSP, or other applicable industry certifications
- Experience of modern API technologies
- Experience in supporting modern ETL systems using cloud-based tools and connectors
- Experience with SQL, XML, JSON, CSV and proficient with Microsoft Power BI
- Analytical and problem-solving skills; able to think independently and solve situational problems
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate pleasantly and effectively.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to assess potential risks.
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations.
- Ability to translate business requirements into non-technical, layman’s terms.
- High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large scale databases.
- Demonstrated experience in handling large data sets and relational databases.
- Understanding of addressing and metadata standards.
- High-level written and verbal communication skills.
- Warm, affable and friendly communication style with a positive work attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrates a confident and professional demeanor
- Able to thrive as a team player, a natural collaborator
- Agile; ability to shift gears and change direction easily and quickly; handles unexpected issues smoothly
- Eager to learn and humbly accept feedback
- Exhibits characteristics of mission, vision, and values consistently
- Employee must be able to work independently and take initiative in accomplishing work.
- Will require professional interaction with outside agencies and internal staff.
- Ability to travel throughout service region as required.
- Ability to handle the mental/physical strain involved in the use of computer screens.
- Moderate manual dexterity for basic keyboard work.
- May require long periods of sitting and concentration and require lifting and/or moving of heavy objects.
- Schedule may require working occasional nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.