Reports to: Director of Human Resources
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Job Status: Part Time
Location: Kansas City, MO
The human resource assistant is responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day human resource operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs HRIS data entry and personnel file maintenance.
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information.
- Assist with talent acquisition and onboarding process to include job descriptions, job postings, interview process, background checks and onboarding.
- Assist in administering employee benefit programs to include annual enrollment and new hire enrollment.
- Run monthly reports and audit benefit carrier invoices.
- Assist in administering the performance appraisal system.
- Assist with administering worker’s compensation and safety programs.
- Responsible for generating semi-monthly payroll file to Accounting.
- Assist in ensuring organizational compliance with federal, multi-state, and local employment related laws and regulations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year accredited college or university in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- At least 1 year of work experience in Human Resources.
- Preferred certifications: PHR/SPHR/GPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP.
- A passion for building culture and a sense of humor.
- Integrity to always do the right thing with a strong moral compass and the ability to speak up on important matters, no matter how difficult.
- Ability to hold yourself and others accountable for HR service delivery.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills, high energy level and be results-orientated.
- Experience with payroll and benefits administration.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws, rules and regulations affecting human resources administration.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Experience with Kronos HRIS and Time and Labor preferred.
- Know what it means to roll up your sleeves and make things happen.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Frequent periods of intense concentration, attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to handle mental and physical strain involved in use of printed materials and prolonged use of computer screens.
- Long periods of sitting and/or standing may be required.
- Ability to lift and move 25 pounds is required.
- Normal office environment combined with normal outdoor exposures.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
NOTE: The preceding statements describe the nature and level of assignments normally given job incumbents. They are not an exhaustive list of duties. Additional duties may be assigned.
Saving Sight is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our staff, and seek diversity in our applicants. Saving Sight does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Saving Sight reserves the right to seek, hire and promote persons who support the goals and mission of the institution.
Saving Sight - Kansas City, MO
Kansas City, MO 64153