Are you looking for a career in which you can REALLY make a difference? Would you like to feel that the world is a better place as a result of your work?? If so, please consider joining us in our mission to change lives by Saving Sight!!
Reports to: Client Services Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
Job Status: Full time
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
This mission centered position aids in the coordination of providing services and/or distributing ocular tissue and products to clients worldwide while conducting follow-up reports and maintaining accurate and complete data on patients and recipients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate distribution of tissue, Vital Tears and any other services or products offered by Saving Sight both nationally and internationally.
- Arrange necessary logistics for both national and international shipments.
- Maintain accurate, complete and current schedules and requests (via online database, fax and phone).
- Maintain strict confidentiality of donor, recipient and patient information.
- Maintain and record accurate and complete donor, recipient and patient information.
- Assist in the on-boarding of new clients and facilities as needed. Provide training to physicians and staff as required with the eye bank database.
- Display a professional demeanor towards all clients and agencies (including but not limited to physicians, schedulers, technicians, patients) while maintaining and strengthening relationships with all external and internal partners.
- Work in conjunction with the Business Development team to ensure both prospective and current client relationships are being maintained and developed.
- Generate and send post-operative follow-up reports and communicate all correspondence to the Quality Assurance department.
- Communicate with and provide distribution data to Vision Share.
- Document accurate and current accounts, interactions, and events in the customer relations management tool. (FMYI)
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been acquired is a plus.
- Continual training and certification as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of one (1) year customer service, distribution, or logistics experience is required.
- Experience in eye banking preferred
- A basic knowledge of ophthalmology (various specialties, anatomy of the eye) preferred
- A working knowledge of corneal anatomy, slit lamp and specular microscopy and relevant surgical procedures involving corneal and scleral transplantation are preferred.
- Ability to think strategically and plan work around attaining goals and objectives.
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal, and phone communication skills required.
- Strong organizational skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with limited direction, and in a team environment.
- Ability to work with distraction and to multi-task with frequent interruptions.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, Microsoft Office, general database, and web-based applications.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record as determined by the organization.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Availability to work scheduled, rotating on-call shifts to cover nights, weekends, and holidays
Saving Sight - Kansas City, MO
10560 N Ambassador Dr.,
Kansas City, MO 64153